Money has become such a “biggie” issue in our society today. Here are some Bible verses that teach us about money that I have been coming across while studying my Bible. Many people have money and many others don’t have enough. Whatever category you might be in, may we pray that we are able to spend the money that God has given to us wisely. Probably you have many unanswered questions related to money; but, I wish the following verses will keep you more informed about money. May we all study God’s word to keep ourselves more enlightened about money? For sure it is each an every person’s responsibility!
- Nehemiah 5:4 – “We have had to borrow money to pay the king’s tax on our fields and vineyards.
- Nehemiah 5:10 – I and my brothers and my men are also lending the people money and grain. But let us stop charging interest!
- Nehemiah 5:11 – Give back to them immediately their fields, vineyards, olive groves and houses, and also the interest you are charging them—one percent of the money, grain, new wine and olive oil.”
- Esther 3:11 – “Keep the money,” the king said to Haman, “and do with the people as you please.”
- Esther 4:7 – Mordecai told him everything that had happened to him, including the exact amount of money Haman had promised to pay into the royal treasury for the destruction of the Jews.
- Psalm 15:5 – who lends money to the poor without interest; who does not accept a bribe against the innocent. Whoever does these things will never be shaken.
- Proverbs 7:20 – He took his purse filled with money and will not be home till full moon.
- Proverbs 13:11 – Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
- Proverbs 17:16 – Why should fools have money in hand to buy wisdom, when they are not able to understand it?
- Ecclesiastes 5:10 – Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income. This too is meaningless.
- Ecclesiastes 7:12 – Wisdom is a shelter as money is a shelter, but the advantage of knowledge is this: Wisdom preserves those who have it.
- Ecclesiastes 10:19 – A feast is made for laughter, wine makes life merry, and money is the answer for everything.
- Isaiah 52:3 – For this is what the Lord says: “You were sold for nothing, and without money you will be redeemed.”
- Isaiah 55:1 – “Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost.
- Isaiah 55:2 – Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and you will delight in the richest of fare.
- Micah 3:11 – Her leaders judge for a bribe, her priests teach for a price, and her prophets tell fortunes for money. Yet they look for the Lord’s support and say, “Is not the Lord among us? No disaster will come upon us.”
(I will continue next time…)